Founded by a group of dedicated volunteers and animal lovers, the current Board of Directors consists of Yvonne Kalman, Luz Wong, Janice Chatterton, Rosemary Anderson, Martin Weber, Brian Twigg, Sharon Tognietti Weber and Mark E. McCoy. All Board members work on a volunteer basis and do not receive salaries.
The SPCA de PV provides:
- Private vet costs for rescued animals. These costs include tests, vaccinations, deworming, Frontline treatment for ticks and lice, neutering and spaying, two baths a week and room and board until adopted at the public library every Saturday from 10-2.
- Volunteers to create and maintain a data base of adoptions.
- Volunteers on a daily basis to walk dogs at the foster home, Casita de Guadalupe.
- Foster homes for cats
- An adoption network for placement of rescue animals
- A foster home for dogs – “La Casita de Guadalupe”
- A program to trap and release feral cats.
The mission of SPCA de PV is to help fund and promote sterilization, adoption and healthcare efforts for companion animals in the Puerto Vallarta area, with the goal of eliminating the euthanasia of healthy and adoptable animals. Monies raised will support these various goals in ways that are most feasible within the community.
SPCA DE PV, A.C. (PROTECTIVE AND COMPASSIONATE SOCIETY FOR THE ANIMALS OF PUERTO VALLARTA, A.C.)
Click and check our Blog www.spcapv.blogspot.com/
- Establishment of an educational program about pets for school children.